Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I bought a note 3 december 2013 when the phones used to be

I bought a note 3 december 2013 when the phones used to be locked. Since then I have had a new S6edge and have given my phone to my son who is abroad. I have made at least three requests through 3 to get a n unlocking code and they have told me at least twice that the request had been forwarded to samsung,can you help if I give you the IMEI number?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeFirst, Samsung do not have anything to do with unlocking phones, as the phones are just manufactured, it is the operators that lock them so not sure why they say this.But anyway, we are not an unlocking service (we are a support desk) what you need to do is use this site and have the phone unlocked.http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/unlock-my-phone/index.phpEnter in the information and you can then get the unlock code to unlock it.I am concerned why 3 is not doing this and giving such an answer, and if I was you I would call again and explain they are full of nonsense and ask to speak to a supervisor as it is free when done from them, else you need to pay on a site to have it done such as one I gave you above.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you