Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

I have a Samsung S5. When somebody calls me the phone rings

Customer Question

I have a Samsung S5. When somebody calls me the phone rings for a very short period and then stops. It then shows as a missed call. I need to lengthen the time it rings for, but how?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your samsung. Back up your phone data contacts, sms, apps and any other important data on the sd card or save it on cloud or email then we will reset the phone to factory defaults.To backup download an app Superbackup from google play store.
Don’t forget to back upBefore you think about wiping your Galaxy S5, make sure you have backed up all of your precious files. You can back up basic data in Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service. You get 15GB of space in the cloud with Google Drive and there are many alternatives How to factory reset a working Galaxy S5Pull down the notification shade and tap the gear icon to bring up Settings. Choose Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.Double check that everything is backed up and then tap Reset device at the bottom of the screen. Tap Delete all on the next screen and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot. You’re done.How to factory reset a Galaxy S5 using hardware keys If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your S5 using the hardware keys.Turn the Galaxy S5 off.Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Powerbutton together until you see the Android on screen.Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Powerto select it.Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So even if I go for the reset, how will I be able to adjust the ring time. Am I not just going back to square one?
your ring time has a problem with the internal android app that is why it needs a reset you will backup data before you follow the reset steps then you will not be back to square, There are certain propblems which cannot be fixed mid way by modifying android internal app in that case you need a reset.