Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

After problems with my Nexus 7 I set it back to factory

Customer Question

After problems with my Nexus 7 I set it back to factory settings. Now when I lick on settings I get a page headed Choose some apps, with an OK button. Nothing happens when I click on the OK button. Please note this is NOT a duplicate question so please
answer it. Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check, when you factory resetted the Nexus, did it take you through the setup again like when you first received it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can we begin ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I think you missed the question I sent to you, I will again repeat it
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont think so, should I do it all over again then ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but do it this way please
Turn it off completly.
Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery."
Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.
Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.
After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select the option to reboot your device.
Then set it up and tell me how it now functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me Richard ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes..
I will again repeat the answer I just wrote out for you as it appears your not closely reading my messages and missing these.,
Turn it off completly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't receive yr previous answer but I'll try this now and come back to you OK ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's taking an age to reboot
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how long has it been?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 or 5 minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, give it 10 minutes, and if still it has not, hold the power button till it turns off, then turn it on and tell me what it then does please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK its done . I'm on the Welcome page . It won't let me change from English (United States) to English (United Kingdom)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is not responding to your touch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah now it has so I'm on to Select Wi Fi
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it should be ok, but complete the setup and let me know if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting Authentification problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't there a password ***** shld put in somewhere
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats because your putting in the wrong wifi password, you need to check and put the correct one in please that you set for your wifi or was given.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get back to the screen which asks me for the PW?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
when you press on the wifi network it will ask you then to enter the password.
So press on your wifi network and it then asks you for it.
Then enter the correct password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it dosn't it just says "Authentication problem"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, because your entering in the WRONG password, so clear the error and enter in the correct password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how do i get back to the screen which asks me for the PW ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then enter the correct password *****
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct PW now in but problem remains
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what problem are you now referring to please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After reboot I go to Settings. then get page headed Choose some Apps and OK button. Click on OK button, nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Nexus to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.