A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

I got my phone wet it everything works except the touch screen,

I got my phone wet it everything works except the touch screen, I can open my phone with the finger print identifier etc everything lights up I just can't use the touch screen
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! How long ago did your phone get wet? Either way I would advise to power it off immediately and remove the battery
Although it may partially work now there is still water contacting the internal parts and this will eventually cause the phone to fail completely if it is not dried out while powered off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a galaxy s6 and the battery is flat you can't remove the battery.

I understand, thanks for letting me know the model number. So I would power the phone off and put it in a sealed ziploc bag with rice inside of it. This is a common method used to extract water from electronic devices. Leave it like that for at least 3 days to allow it to dry out and then try again to see if you are able to use the phone fully
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried that but still can't use the touch screen everything lights up as normal, I can use the bottom two tabs on the glass at the bottom of the screen I can still use google but can't use the touch screen so no calls or texts

So in this case either the connection to the screen from the main board or the screen itself has gone faulty due to water damage...the only home remedy at this point would be to continue to allow the phone to dry out longer, otherwise either the connection cable or the screen itself would need to be replaced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my friend said the digitizer is probably faulty

Right , the digitizer is part of the screen assembly, you have the LCD screen itself and then the digitizer underneath
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you know where I can get it repaired in cheshire

Yes, I can locate a repair center for you. The best (but likely most expensive) route would be to go with Samsung direct so that once repaired you will still be under warranty. If you go with a 3rd party repair center you would void your factory warranty. I can give you both options
The Phone Repair Companyhttp://www.phonerepaircompany.co.uk/CALL 07710636091Email:***@******.***
Here is an authorized Samsung Repair Center Cell Tech InnovationsWARRINGTON, 9.39 miAddress : London House,***** Stockton Heath, WARRINGTON, WA4 6SGPhone : 01925 860444E-mail :***@******.*** to Fri: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help

not a problem, please do rate my service I would really appreciate it
Please rate when you have a moment so that we can close this question. Thanks!