Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a Samsung S3 mini.the screen has failed.Can I retrieve

i have a Samsung S3 mini.the screen has failed.Can I retrieve the data from my phone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. If it is just the screen that has failed, then Yes, the data can be retrieved. But the problem is the phone needs to be screen unlocked then only your computer will recognize the internal memory of the phone. Since the screen has failed, you may need to get the screen replaced to retrieve the data. Your computer will not recognize the phone unless you unlock the screen. On some models, the computer can recognize without it being unlocked, using Samsung Kies application. Have you tried Samsung Kies ? If not, download and install it from here --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/ Open Kies and does it recognize your phone ? If not, then you will not be able to retrieve the data without fixing the screen. These devices are very secure. You will not lose anything from it when you repair the screen. It would cost around $100 to replace the LCD. I know this may not be the answer you want to hear, but these devices are very secure and Samsung designed this way. If you've synced the phone to Google, then you will be able to restore your contacts, calendars etc to your new phone. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.