Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have downloaded excel to my sd card on my samsung tab s 10.5"

i have downloaded excel to my sd card on my samsung tab s 10.5" but it keeps saying that i havent enough space on my device to open xcel
help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, to try to clear temporary memory, hold the power button on the Tab until the menu shows then choose Power off.
Then start the Tablet which will remove all temporary memory and then try to open the excel file.
Tell me please if it then opens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard did as you said and it is still showing the same info on the screen i.e theres not enough room to open the app please free up space on your device and try again

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you will have to uninstall some Apps to free up space.
Can you go to Settings, Applications Manager
Uninstall a number of apps, try to free up 30 MB
Then try to open the Excel file.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard I have already done that by uninstalling a lot of the preinstalled apps not sure how much memeory i have left dont know how to find that

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings, Storage and check there please Stewart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says it has available space of 7.22 gb with cached data at 593mb and space currently used is 2.85gb

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then memory is not the issue its something else.
When you say you downloaded excel to the memory card, you mean an excel file right?
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i have moved xcel and ppt etc to the sd card for storage as i use them for work and dont want them to clog up the system

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the Apps you mean?And exactly how did you move them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

by going to the applications manager and clicking on them and telling them to move to the sd card

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, is powerpoint opening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, likely Excel just wont run on your device from SD card.
Move it back to the internal memory and tell me if it then opens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says that it is unable to move app as there is not enough storage space

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, uninstall the app, then install it again from the Play Store.
Tell me if it installs please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard completed this and it works had to resign into microsoft office and its all good.so will i have to do this from time to time?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, the app got corrupted, if this problem happens again you need to, but it should not occur often
Good it is now working Stewart
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

many thanks i will save you into my memory for any future needs thanks a lot

cheers