Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I've just set up my brand new samsung galaxy s6, and I

Hi, I've just set up my brand new samsung galaxy s6, and I can't see anything on the screen because of what looks like paint splatter wallpaper. I can't seem to change it in the display or wallpaper settings. Can you help?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, no matter what wallpaper you select, you always see this paint splatter correct? And you see this all the time, even after the factory reset?
Just need to clarify please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it's there constantly. It looks like a default restore setting of some sort that I don't seem to be able to remove. Though I can see through some of it that it it otherwise working fine. Updating apps etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the LCD screen that has faulted. The liquid Crystal has leaked. This is nothing to do with software, its a hardware fault. It must have suffered a very hard known in transportation from the factory.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.