Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have forgotten my password ***** my Samsung galaxy s6 edge it

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** my Samsung galaxy s6 edge it had fingerprint access but my son pressed the home button too many times without my knowledge
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you hold the power button until the menu shows and choose power off.
then power it on and tell me if the fingerprint access then works.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fingerprint access only password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.
If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.
Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.
Turn off the device.
Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.
After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.
Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.
The device will restart.
You can then set it up again.
I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help I'm most appreciative.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome