Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Why does my Samsung Galaxy A5 always say "serious power consumption"

Why does my Samsung Galaxy A5 always say "serious power consumption" FIX NOW. This has been happening for a few days when I have used DU Battery Saver - any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. It is possible that DU Battery saver is what is the causing issue even though there is no serious issue. Go to Settings > Application Manager. Under Installed tab, find DU Battery Saver. Select it and uninstall it. Let me know if you are still getting that message.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went into settings but I can't find Applications Manager - any ideas?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
In Settings, do you see Applications ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry yes I can find du battery saver
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Force Stop and uninstall it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that has gone - can I do the same with flip board?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You can disable Flipboard. If you see uninstall there, then uninstall it. If you want to get rid of bloatwares, then get Package Disabler Pro app and disable bloatwares or app that you don't want with it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
See here --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en Package Disabler Pro is a great app that you can use to disable the apps you don't like, like FlipBoard. Samsung usually don't allow you to disable those bloatware apps, but with Package Disabler Pro, you can do it. It is a great way to improve the speed and reduce the battery usage of your phone. Make sure you don't disable core apps or features of your phone with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds good. I will try that later as I have to go out now. I have Onavo Count - is that ok to leave?
What I don't understand is - do I have lots of apps going on in the background that I don't know about? Does that make sense to you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, It is ok to leave. Yes, it makes sense as I'm an owner of Samsung device. There are so many crap apps (bloatwares) on Samsung devices that increase your battery usage and reduce performance. I disabled most of them with Package Disabler and now not much are running on the background.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok to leave Onavo Count. It is a good app to track your data usage.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To remove apps from background, open the multitasker and close them all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The Google play store seems to be using a lot?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You should check Package Disabler Pro. You can disable bloatwares (apps with pink colors on it) with it. If you accidentally disable any core apps with it, then you can enable it back easily just by checking and unchecking the box.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Google Play Store is a part of system. Please don't do anything to it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The apps under Downloaded sections are safe to delete or stop if you don't use them. Don't stop any apps or services which are under Running section (in Application Manager).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much indeed. Do I need anything else to replace the du battery saver?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is your preference. I don't use any battery saver application. If you want, check Greenify or Juice Defender. If you don't like you can uninstall it like you did for DU.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I print this conversation onto paper?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, press Control P or Command P (if using Mac) and this will bring Print window. Print it from there. Or add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want without any additional charges (re this issue). If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, please don't forget to rate me positively as 4 or 5 stars at the top and click Submit