Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Not registered on network (error message on Samsung s2 mobile

Not registered on network (error message on Samsung s2 mobile phone)
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone and tell me if it now connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have followed your instructions and repeated the procedure, but with the same result.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Who is your mobile provider? And has the phone worked with this provider before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Virgin Mobile. Yes, the phone has worked fine for over a year.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will have to reset the phone
This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this.
To do the reset, go to Settings, Backup and Reset and choose to do a factory reset
Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone and tell me please if it now connects to the network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now performed a full "Backup and reset" and a "Factory reset" and have reset the phone. Unfortunately I have the same result; after "settings - more settings - network operators - Virgin", I get the same error message "Unable to connect. Try later"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is either the Sim card or the sim port on the phone.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to call Virgin on 0345(###) ###-#### ***** them send a new SIM card to you and with this, put it in the phone. If it works then you know its the sim card and your good to go. If it does not, then I am really sorry about this but you will need to replace the phone as it will be the sim port that will have faulted.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We own another Samsung mobile phone also registered with Virgin. It is model GT-S5260. ie not Android. Is it worth trying the SIM from that phone before asking Virgin for a new SIM?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
perfect if you can.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have swapped the SIM cards but the phone will still not connect. Thank you for trying.