Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

hello
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What is your question ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought s6 from Birmingham cell store that sells u know used phones etc . guy said is new phone and after using for a month in Toronto I got a message from the EE company saying that it belongs to them. they have been told that is stolen or subject to fraud. now I spent 1000 cdn dollars there and cant use the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone is asking a pin which I think I did set cant remember when I got the phone but now it is no good in Toronto
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik u still here right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hellollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm here. Sorry for the delay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
So is the phone currently asking for 4 digit pin code ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just says enter ur pin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 40 dollars to a site to get me manufacturer code they gave me but nothing is working
if u need them I can give u
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The person has remotely locked the phone. I will send you the instructions to unlock it. Please stay online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW U KNOW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U WANT IMEI NUMBER
WHAT IF THEY DO AGAIN
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Since it is locked, you have to factory reset the phone. That is your only option to get back to it. If it as Samsungs Find My Mobile enabled, then it will be permanently locked and the following method will not work. We can try to reset it now. Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now That should factory reset the phone . Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I TRIED ALL THAT BUT STILL LOCK SCREEN DOESNT CHANGE
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
When you did the above step, did it boot into Android recovery ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HEY MUST TELL U THAT NO SIM INSIDE. SHOULD I PUT EMPTY SIM NEW IN
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No need to put SIM. When you did the above step, did it boot into Android recovery ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES BUT THEN I THINK I TOUCHED SOME ICON AND WENT INTO THIS LOCK SCREEN
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Lets try again. Turn off the phone. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power for a few seconds and does it boot into any screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE TRIED THIS MANY MANY TIMES BUT LOCK SCREEN DOESNT MOVE AT ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANDROID GUY ON
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
All phones regardless of any lock should've booted into android boot screen when you do the above step. Are you sure you did this correctly ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Got your second message. Do you see wipe data/factory reset option there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one second pls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wipe data
?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Select wipe data/factory reset using volume down button. Press Power button to enter it. Select Yes using volume down and press Power button again and then reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k so data wipe complete. reboot now>?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes reboot now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting to completereboot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I put my own sim once rebooted
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I really hope this phone doesn't have the Find My Mobile ACTIVATION lock on it. The original owner has Find My Mobile feature enabled on it. That is how to put the PIN code on the phone first place. They can remotely track and lock the phone via Samsung website when it has the Find My Mobile feature on it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If the Find My Mobile ACTIVATION lock is there, then you will never be able to unlock the phone without the original owner's ID and password. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am resetting the features right now\ so how can we get away with his option or I will have to do same process again or return the phone to uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we check find my mobile on the google using imei number
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If it didn't ask for any owners ID and password ***** activate the phone, then he/she didn't has the the Find My Mobile's ACTIVATION locked enabled on it. Since we erased it, he/she will not be able to track it or lock it. You can go ahead and register it to your Samsung and Google account.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to check the Find My iPhone feature of Apple iPhones through several websites. Not sure about the Samsung models as they implement this feature recently. I will check and let you know if I found any websites. Meantime setup your phone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
While registering, go ahead and register it to YOUR OWN google account and Samsung account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes this is what I m doing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see an icon EE should I uninstall this
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Great ! Once it is registered to your Google and Samsung account, the old owner will no longer be able to track or lock the phone via online. That is a bloatware which can't be uninstalled I believe. Can you uninstall it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems running fine as normal just installing apps and updating them. are u sending me any email with the work u have just done
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that EE has backlisted your phone due to the complain from the original owner. If that is the case, I'd recommend to return the phone as you may not be able to use the phone with any carrier network. If it is not possible to return it, then I have more suggestion for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u know what I saw the same notice again from EE
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
EE is communicating to your phone through the EE app. We have to disable it ASAP after resetting the phone. Open Play Store. Then download an application named Package Disabler Pro (buy it). Then diable all EE applications with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SO stupid when he got the money from the store and now playing games. lets do the same process again and if happens again then I have to return the phone to uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
EE has backlisted the phone due the complain from the old owner, that is why it is appearing. It will be locked again unless you disable EE. You can disable all EE applications using an application named Package Disabler Pro from Play Store. You have to do this immediately after resetting the phone. Otherwise it will be locked again. There is also another way, a little hard way. You can also flash (install) a new firmware on it that doesn't have EE applications, using your computer. Let me know if you need instructions to do that. I'd STRONGLY recommend to return the phone if it is possible because backlisted phones are not good one to serve your needs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so I shouldn't waste money more but on postage to uk
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
FYI You said you purchased some codes from a website. They are probably SCAM. You should ask refund from them or complain to your CC company to reverse the charge.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure they will accept the return ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I spoke to the store guy who served me and friend who runs a store walking distance will communicate together and store agreed to give full money back then friend will send me money via western union. what the worse can happen to this phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey tell me fast when to go to play store for ee problem
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If they don't accept the return, I have two more suggestions to try. Let me know. The worse thing is, the person or original owner can even take legal actions against you. It is not safe to use the phone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Factory reset it, setup it again go to Play Store download Package Disabler Pro app. Disable all EE services and apps via Package Disabler ASAP before it get locked again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u mean for 550 pounds and I have the receipt so they cant harm me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so u mean the minute all setup comes back then go play store
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes and you have to do this before you get the message from EE
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Even this may allow you to prevent EE from locking it, your phone is still considered as stolen and on the backlisted list. You know they can even disable your phone from using various carrier networks if they block your IMIE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then I m not spending money anymore and I wont bother to reset my info but since all wiped safe to send back tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u know this wont be a pleasant to enjoy s6 so better to get it here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just do the factory reset from settings and send back
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
These new phones are highly secured. There are many things to look when you buy a used phone or seal broken phone like find my mobile, IMIE check etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u know message came again the minute screen changed to lock screen so I will do the same wiping again and not setting my info
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Since they agreed to replace the phone which most stores don't do, I'd recommend to send it back. I know I couldn't give you a better answer, but it is not worth it to spend your time and money on this backlisted phone. You can disconnect it from internet and the message will not appear. They are locking it via internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will factory reset not so anyway thank you very much for the help and info. i guess they will charge this meeting. that's k u did ur part for my help but are u guys sending email to me for receipt how can they do via internet manually or the company
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
This question costs about $38 and if you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as OK Service or higher then only I will get paid for helping you. This is a one time session and you will not be charged anything additional. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where u located in uk
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm not in UK but in India. If they reject the return, then get back to me and I have one more suggestion to try. We can manually flash a non EE firmware on the phone using your computer which will stop them from locking your phone. But this will not remove the phone from their network backlist. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want if you have any follow up questions without paying again. Best Regards,Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If they replace your phone, then consider getting a S6 EDGE instead of normal S6 from Official Samsung Store. S6 EDGE is a beautiful piece of phone.