Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I was on my phone last night and my samsung galaxy s5 screen

Customer Question

i was on my phone last night and my samsung galaxy s5 screen froze and it wouldnt turn off or do anything so i took the battery out and put it back in and now it wont turn on, what do i do? it has done this once before but i left it over night and then tried turning it on in the morning and it worked
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing had happened, the screen is still black
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you repeat but this time when trying to turn it on, hold volume UP and power together
Does it then come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im afraid not
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted. It faulted before but the phone was able to use another segment which is why it started working, now additional segments have failed. If you repeat the last procedure we just did a few times it "may" get going again but even so it would fail in the near future.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.