Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My galaxy s4 screen wont respond to touch. cant put my pin

My galaxy s4 screen wont respond to touch. cant put my pin in to use phone. have to take battery out to switch off the phone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm afraid the digitizer has failed. Digitizer is a part of LCD screen that convert touch input to digital inputs. The screen will continue to work, but the touch inputs won't. You will have to replace the entire LCD screen as the digitizer is glued or fused with the screen. To make sure this is not something else, you can try to boot into safe mode and if it works there. If that didn't work then you can factory reset it. Factory reset will erase everything from it and install a fresh version. Remember, this will not work if this is an hardware issue. First boot it into Safe Mode. Turn off the phone. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Volume down for 10-20 seconds and this will boot it into safe mode. Then unlock it. If it doesn't work in Safe Mode, then you can factory reset it. Follow the steps below to factory reset it. Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now That should factory reset the phone. This will only work if this is software related. If you don't want to lose any files, then don't factory reset it. To replace the screen, you have to take it to Samsung. You can find the repair centers from here --> http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/ I know this might not the answer you want to hear, but if this is the digitizer that has failed, then replacing the screen is your only option. If you are not satisfied with my answer, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to reset my phone and all I get is the yellow bin shaped on screen tell me don't switch off downloading left it for about 1 hour no response.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You are booting into downloading mode, not recovery mode. Try again. Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.Android system recovery will be loaded now If that didn't work, then follow the steps below; Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.Android system recovery will be loaded now Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried again and it has worked ty.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome !