Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My galaxy 111 tells me in a loud voice when I change fro one

My galaxy 111 tells me in a loud voice when I change fro one home page to another. How do I stop it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. You may have driving mode enabled on your phone. From Apps screen, select Settings. Select Language and Input. Select Text-To-Speech Output. You will find Drive mode there under General. Turn it off. If you don't see Driving mode, then go to Settings > My device and set Hands-free mode to off. You can also find Driving mode or Handsfree mode by swiping down from the top of the screen with two fingers. If it is off already, then go to Settings> Accessibility and you will find a option Talk Back there. Turn it off. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was already turned off.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What about Talk Back ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings > Accessibility and if Talk Back is enabled there, then turn it off. If it is disabled, then go to Settings > Applications Manager. Swipe to All tab. Find Text-To-Speech. Select it and tap Force Stop. Tap Clear Data. Then find S-Voice, select it and disable it. Then restart your phone. Check Driving mode again. If it is off, then turn it on and then turn it off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TalkBack is already off
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means the software is glitched. Did you install any applications recently prior to this problem ? If so, uninstall them. Go to Settings > Accessibility and if Talk Back is enabled there, then turn it off. If it is disabled, then go to Settings > Applications Manager. Swipe to All tab. Find Text-To-Speech. Select it and tap Force Stop. Tap Clear Data. Then find S-Voice, select it and disable it. Then restart your phone. Check Driving mode again. If it is off, then turn it on and then turn it off. If it still not working, then we have two options in here. Either you have to use a new launcher or you have to factory reset it. Factory reset will erase everything from the phone, so use a new launcher (launcher is simply an alternate menu). Open Play Store. Search Launcher and download any launcher (like Nova Launher, Go Launcher etc). After installing it, press the menu button and it will ask you to select Launcher. Select the new launcher and tap Just Once or Always. This will switch the launcher. Does it work in new launcher ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Before trying launcher, go to Settings > Applications Manager. Swipe to All tab. Find Text-To-Speech. Select it and tap Force Stop. Tap Disable. Check if it is working now. If not, then try different launcher.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings and open Applications Manager. Swipe to All tab next to Downloaded, Installed etc at the top. Find Text-To-Speech or Google Text to Speech. Select it and tap Force Stop. Tap Disable. Check if it is working now. If not, then try different launcher from Play Store like Nova Launcher or Go Launcher. It should work in launhcers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry got to break off. Back in 10.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
OK we can continue then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK back. Am tempted to go back to factory settings as I was given this device and there is a lot of guff on it. Otherwise no joy so far.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Have you tried different launcher ? Did you disable Text to Speech ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have noy tried new launcher. Cant find Text to speech. Not on "all".
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Then you have to factory reset or try a new launcher. A new launcher will replace the old problem launcher (Touch Wiz from Samsung). New launcher will fix the problem. You can download a different launcher from Play Store. Some of the best are Nova Launcher, Go Launcher, Apex etc. Factory reset will definitely fix this problem. If you have any important stuffs on it, then you can backup them to your computer and do a factory reset from Settings > Backup & Reset
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik, thank you for your help. Will try new launcher and the perhaps reset. Leave it to me!!!!!!!!!!!Sincerely, David.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome ! If you need any help, please let me know and I'm happy to continue to help you. Best Regards,Ashik