Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a galaxy s3 and have locked my self out of my wi fi

I have a galaxy s3 and have locked my self out of my wi fi net work, have lost pin
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. You say that you have lost your pin. The wifi network has a network security key, or password, which is typically 8-10 numbers, or combination of numbers and letters. A pin is usually 4 digits long. Now are you talking about the wifi password ***** your lock screen pin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wifi pass word.
What is your computer operating system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have is that its named sue and is locked, under Sue is written 'Secured (WPS Available)
We can get the pw from your computer. Do you have a pc or a mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows vista
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pc
Go to your Windows Control Panel - Networks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it
Okay, good. Do you see your wireless network shown in the upper right of the Network window?
You have to open the Network & Sharing window.
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have sent message requesting phone call.
We can complete this without a telephone call if you open the Network & Sharing Center.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JoelK have opened Network and sharing centre
Go to Control Panel -Network & Internet - Network & Sharing Center and select your Wireless Network Connection. Please let me know when you have done this. I am unable to call you, because the telephone number that you have provided is not a valid number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JoelK, Iam located in England alternativly my mobile number is *****
I cannot make international calls, except possibly on Skype. But a phone call is not required to solve your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless Network connection not visible.
Is your computer connected to your router wirelessly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes as far as I know.
What do you see when you open the Network & Sharing Center?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer map, net work 2, sharing and discovery, with a task pane to left,which includes view computers and devices, connect to a net work, set up a connection. manage and diagnose and repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Broadband Wireless N ADSL2+ Router
I the left pane select Manage and Diagnose. You should see the name of your network (SSID) in the next window. Select you network and tell me what you see.
In
In the left pane ... (sorry for the typo)
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Broadband Connection (1)
Broadband connection, disconnected WAN Miniport(PPPOE)
Broadband Connection 2 disconnected. this has same miniport number as above also a green tick by side.
Local Area connection Network 2 Realteck PCL....
We are not seeing the same content on our screens. If you cannot find your wireless network, the best thing to do is for you to give me remote access to your computer, so that I can find what we are looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
I will send you a link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this team viewer? because already installed.
Yes. Can you send me your session ID and PW?
I need for you to start a Teamviewer session and send me the ID and PW in the window where it says Allow Remote Control, so that I can connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is 311 076 896
Pass is 1106
It is not connecting. What version of Teamviewer do you have?
I get an error message that says, "Teamviewer is not running on your partner's computer"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but computer went down and have had to restart, hope all ok now.
Okay. It took the ID but rejected the password. Then it failed to connect. If your computer is down again, or even if it only went down once, you will need to start a new session and send me the new ID and PW.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New team viewer pass is 3305
ID as before 311 076 896
Teamviewer not running on partner's computer.What version are you running?
A connection could not be established.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying but I give up now. I will try again later because in England its nearly 4 am.
My best regards Sue.
Roger that Sue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now wish to continue if possible
Hello again, Sue. I am back online now. I found a laptop with Windows Vista on it, and used it to see what you see. Unfortunately, the feature that I was going to use, which works on all later versions of Windows, does not work on Vista. However, I have another strategy that will work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you lets go.
What is the make and model of your wireless router or gateway?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Broadband Wireless N ADSL2+ Router
HUAWEI EchoLife HG532
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It an AOL Broad band router.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Please standby while I research your router. I apologize for the delAY. My system locked up, and I had to restart it.
delay
Okay. We are going to login to your router to display the wireless password. Open a new window in your browser on your computer and type the following, which is your gateway ip address, into the url address field: http://192.168.1.1
Then login using the following:ID: adminPW: admin
In the navigation tree on the left go to Basic > WLAN. You will be able to see your wifi password ***** the WPA Pre-Shared text box. Be careful not to change anything. Then exit without saving, by selecting Cancel instead of Submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it, that the pass word. Have just tryed on phone and it worked. Your are a star
Thank you so much for your time and patience .
My best regards Sue.xx
You are quite welcome. I am glad that I was able to finally resolve your problem. Thank you for your patience. I was using Teamviewer from a Mac last night, and that may be why it did not work. Anyway, no worries now. It has been a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Joel