Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I'm new to this mobile phone 'lark' as I'm OLD. I can't remember

I'm new to this mobile phone 'lark' as I'm OLD. I can't remember my password ***** do I do ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the phone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung galaxy A3
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you click on my link below and then follow the steps through to reset your password
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
Once done, use this new password ***** sign into your account.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, its not my google account, it's getting into my phone that is the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so the screen lock, to unlock the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just says enter your password, I've tried the ones I had written down and it says I've entered the wrong one. Do I actually ned to enter this or can I use my phone anyway - sorry to be so dozey !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you have to enter it.
you will have to reset the phone, this is going to remove all data and return the phone to new, but this you cannot avoid, its the whole reason for the lock
To do this
At the very beginning hold down the Power key to switch off your phone.
Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
Release held keys when Recovery Mode appears on the screen.
Then select from menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
Next choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.
After that select option "reboot system now".
Then the phone is as new and you can set it up again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.