Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I download archived books from another kindle to my

Customer Question

how do I download archived books from another kindle to my new registered kindle
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is all automatic, so when you setup the new Kindle, as long as you registered it with the same Amazon account you used on the other Kindle, all books will be there.
Did you register this new kindle with the same Amazon account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then they will be available, so With wireless turned on, press the Menu button and then select "View Archived Items" to access all your Kindle content.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when kindle is switched on I only get screen showing before you go
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And no options to proceed or use the Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cannot go beyond this stage
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you hold the power button to off for 60 seconds then release.
Does it power off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok screen is now showing toolbar with icons but no menu options
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which model Kindle is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindle unlimited
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the plan, but I need to know the model, eg: Kindle Paperwhite? Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindle unlimited model # ***** touchscreen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is the Kindle touch, so you just need to touch a book to open it, what happens when you do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access any new book but archived books do not appear can I not download these archived items from my other kindle?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you just need to select Cloud on the page where you books are and you see the books that have been archived.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does not show archived items at all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not Archived Items you press on Cloud
you see Cloud?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press cloud only user guide and kindle freetime and vocabulary are showing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It does not sound like you registered it with the correct Amazon account.
Go here
https://read.amazon.com/
Sign in with the same account you used on this new kindle.
You see the books?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this and it brings me to main menu for amazon. But how do I download archived items onmy old kindle to new kindle ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I needed you to sign in on the link I gave and tell me if you see your books please
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before we do this can I not download archived books in my other kindle to the new kindle touch?when I followed the link you gave I could not see my books
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes you can, but I believe you have sign into the wrong account, hence why I want you to do the instructions.
As you see you do not see the books, so your using the wrong amazon account. This is why you have the problem
Can you recall the correct account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot recall my account as this was set up about 4 years ago. maybe I am not making myself clear I do not wish to purchase any new books at present, I just want to transfer archived books on my other kindle to new kindle . can this not be done automatically from one device to the other
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but your not seeing what I am saying, you have registered the KINDLE with a NEW account, whilst the old one is registered to a different account.
You need to remember what account you used on the OLD Kinle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from memory new kindle is set up the same as old kindle . how can i check?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is not, this is the whole reason.
Whats the make and model of the old Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindle version 4.1.3 registered user Mr P Manek new kindle registered user Paul Manek. is this problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes as I mentioned it is the problem.
you need to find the correct account to use
Click this link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true
Choose Fire and Kindle, Issue as Kindle, Second Issue Registration
Click Phone, enter your phone number and have them call you.
Then via your billing details, the correct account can be found that you need to use for registration.
Let me know the results please