Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 INTERNET BLOCKED BY CHANCEGOVSECPROTECTANDROID??

SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 INTERNET BLOCKED BY CHANCEGOVSECPROTECTANDROID?? its telling me i need to pay a fine
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. That is a SCAM message. Don't pay them. We can try to remove it manually. Go to Settings > Applications Manager (under More) Swipe left or right to All tab which is next to Installed, Running etc tabs. Find and select Internet. Tap Clear Data. That will clear it. Or turn off WiFi. Then access internet and the page will not load. Then close that page. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That doesent work, the message is still displayed when the internet page opens, and im not able to select anything on the page to close open windows etc.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Turn off WiFi. Then access internet and the page will not load. Then close that page. Does this work ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Also open Play Store. Download Malwarebytes AntiMalware and scan your phone with it. Does it find anything ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Do this. Turn off the phone. Then hold down both Power button and Volume Down at same time and when it turns release the Power but keep holding down the Volume Down and this will boot into Safe Mode. Then without opening Internet, go to Settings and turn on Flight mode. Then go to Settings > Application, Application Manager and select All tab. Find Internet. Tap it. Tap Force Stop. Tap Clear Data. Tap Clear Cache. Do the same for Chrome or other browsers. Then restart your phone and access internet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try that, running the malware scanner at the moment, it found 2, which have been deleted, shall i still restart phone in safe mode?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, just doing it
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok let me know the results pleas.e
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Theres an app with the internet symbol, called com.sec.android.app.sbrowsertry.... shall i force stop on that too? i dont know what it is, i dont know much about phones!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Clear Data for that too. And make sure you clear the data for "Internet" app
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, iv done that... Try reloading internet now?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do i need to come out of airplane and safe modes first?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Before that, open Internet and open some page like www.google.com It will fail to load. So close it. Turn off Flight mode and check Internet. If it works then restart normally and check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Internet working thank you! :-) your a genius! Just one more question... what does safe mode do? shall i turn it back off?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome ! Safe mode will prevent all additional and third party application from running in the background. Only core system files will run in background. For eg: If you installed any application from Play Store that resulted in the crashing of phone everytime you open it, then you can boot into Safe Mode and remove that application. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated. Have a great day,Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
To get out of Safe Mode, just turn off your phone and turn it back on. This will boot into normal mode.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much :-)
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome ! Have a great day,Ashik