Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

My Lenova Yoga 10.7 tablet refuses to re boot or tiurn off

Customer Question

my Lenova Yoga 10.7 tablet refuses to re boot or tiurn off when charged up. Tried holding the power buttom and volume buttom. The best I get is a choice of 5 different opptions I have tried them all, including delete to factory settings but still NO COMMAND then have to let the battery drain as it won t turn off. I love the tablet but it packed up in less than 2 years from new and no one else but myself have carefully used it. the reviews say customer services are poor, If you can t help where do I send it to a LENOVA repair please. Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. To clarify you did the restore to factory settings and it still will not come on? What does it do when it tries to turn on/how far does it get in the boot up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when charged up the tablet has LENOVO lit across the screen and will stay lit up until the battery drains. then I HAVE TO RECHARGE IT AGAIN demands. If I hold in the power battery button in and press both volume buttons at the same time onto the screen comes select boot mode----Recovery boot-----Fast boot----Normal boot. i have chosen EACH ONE at separately and waited but nothing happens. LENOVO comes back onto the screen. The notice to reset to factory settings does not come onto the screen now after I selected to go back and it looked like it was erasing as I requested. On the Recovery boot mode the ANDROID picture comes up and NO COMMAND, if I get the Android picture up and just press the power button on its own I get a choice in recovery to reboot system chose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW-------APPLY UPDATE from ADB----APPLY UPDATE FROM SD CARD--------APPLY UPDATE FROM CACHE------WIPE DATA/ FACTORY RESET-------WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The lenovo yoga should have windows 8 on it, I will need to opt out and open this to all experts since you are using android.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help,which seemed to stall but have decided to talk to Lenovo Customer Servises which I should have done in the first but tried to sort it out myself. Also reading reviews many stated that Customer Servises was very poor. But even though my Lenova is out of Warranty they sent me a postal label to send it to be looked at. So I am now totally in their hands to see if they can get it fixed. They will contact me when they receive and then again to let me know if it can be sorted////////So am sorry I wasted my £35 with you but made a wrong choice which is my fault entirely/// THANK YOU AGAIN/// you win some and lose some. regards Keith