nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I'm Geoff. I backed up my old s5 onto kies 2.6 and now trying to transfer that da

Customer Question

Hi I'm Geoff. I backed up my old s5 onto kies 2.6 and now trying to transfer that data to my new s5 neo but laptop says neo not compatible! I loaded kies 3 but the old data isn't inside it. I most want my old notes from Memo. Please help!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.I would suggest you to use SMART SWITCH app for transferring Memo and your other stuff to your new device.You need to download this app from Play Store or Galaxy Apps on both of your phones.With Smart Switch Mobile, data transfer between Galaxy devices is easy.Place your devices close together (within 8 inches) and run the app on both. Then, on the old device, select [Android Device], [Start], [Connect].This allows you to send the personal data you’ve saved on your old Galaxy device to the new Galaxy device connected to it. You can send your personal data (contacts, schedules, messages, and memos), multimedia data, and other types of data (alarms, Wi-Fi settings , recent history, etc.).Reply if you have any other query.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan too late for your suggestion! I don't have my old phone, that's why I consulted u, bit more difficult than normal. I need to get the Memo n other data from Kies 2.6 n transfer it to this useless Kies 3 then download it onto my new Neo.
Geoff there is no way by which you can transfer your backed up data from Kies 2.6 to Kies 3.0 as both of them support different Samsung devices. Now the only way by which you can restore data is that you need a Samsung device compatible with Kies 2.6 and restore memos from there and then transfer them to your new device by Smart Switch or other available apps.
Hi Geoff, Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my answer. Thank you. Have a good day. Cheers!
Geoff, this is to remind you that your question will get timed out since you have not given any response since three days. If you have any query, then feel free to write back, else end the chat by clicking the stars present on the upper panel for rating the service. Thanks. Wish you and your family Merry Christmas.Regards Nathan.