Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I can get nowhere at the moment. I haVE A "WELCOME"screen

I can get nowhere at the moment. I haVE A "WELCOME"screen with a yelow circle in the centre of the screen continuing a right facing arrow. At the bottom of the screen is a further box containing the word"ACCESSIBILITY". It tell me somewherein the 0n-line manual that I can get alternative home screens by holding down the ON button. When I try this, nothing happens. The table refuses to charge beyond 51% and stands at 44% at the moment. I would love to log on to my home wi-fi and download the software caled Dropbox" Help please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the Tablet please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no livephone cals at that price - sorry Getting this thing started is good enough for me at the moment. `I said that I want to log-on to my own wi-fi and download "Drop-box", then I hope to begin its work for me1!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tablet is a Samsung 9.7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As they mention the Phone call is optional, else we continue here.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the samsung.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the backing plate but do not know how to proceed with any other removal N.B. It is NOT a Kindle but a Samsung Tablet size 9.7 I did know the model number but a house tidy up resulted in the box having beer thrown away, so I don't know there model number until we get it going. It does have a liftable tag on the side withe written on it "microSD" Raising the tab opens up an orifice small and apparently empty?
I have the modekl number stuck on the case on a small label. It says "SM-T550"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the model.
No need to remove any backing plates though. do not do that, just remove the charger cable from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no charger connected. It still retains 43% of its original charge - since it would not charge beyond 51%My ON/OFF Switch is aPPARENTLY a toggle and used for both of these functionsIt remained ON for the whole of the test and has now gone off . I tried holding down first the central button at the foot of the screen and after that the toggle switch on the right hand side of the tablet and narthex top - No change in either instance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power it off again.
Then hold the volume UP and Power buttons until you are at a menu (the recovery menu).
Tell me please if you can get to this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Galaxy tab A Android alternated withe the letters SAM in technicolour - never completed to the whole word but went back again to Samsung Galaxy tabA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No menu
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the mainboard that shorts out, and causes the device to stall and not function or charge.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.