Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Samsung Galaxy S5 screen goes black

Hi, My name is Ben,
My Samsung Galaxy S5 screen goes black and it seems to be re-booting all the time.
I have tried hard reset by pressing on/off, volume up and button below screen simultaneously with no luck.
How shall I proceed?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Recovery Booting starts up but after about 5 seconds or so, the screen goes black again and it seems to go into some sort of loop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, more like 10 seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I misunderstood the "Switch to a call" function, thinking I could put another working mobile number there for you to call.
THIS WILL OF COURSE NOT WORK AS THE PHONE IS DEAD.
Please reply on this page and on email.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Ben and welcome
When you attempted the recovery, were you able to get to the recovery menu at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I can't get that far.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the battery from the phone then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Put the battery back in, hold power and Volume UP and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blue light in the corner comes on for about 3 seconds, then it buzzes twice shortly after.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.