Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a samsung phone which i have put a number in to lock

i have a samsung phone which i have put a number in to lock it i have forgotten the number i put in can you unlock it for me please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. When you enter wrong passcode for multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the code. If that didn't work, then we can unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on the left and click Screen Unlock at left column. This will unlock the screen. If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the passcode screen if the Gmail or Samsung option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it; Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now That should factory reset the phone . Let me know if you have any difficulty on following the steps above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried that it did not work is there any where i can go or send my phone to to have this done please
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The third reset option will definitely work. Make sure you do it properly. Which model of Samsung phone is this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
samsung galaxy core prime
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Lets try again to reset it. Remember, this will delete everything from it. Turn off the phone completely. Then hold down Power, Home (front bottom middle button) and Voluem Up at same time for a few seconds. This will boot into Android Recovery screen with several options. Do you see that screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There is a sequence to boot into Android recovery. See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DhhfYTOirs You have to hold down all these three buttons at the same time until you get that menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every done and ok now thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome ! Best Regards,Ashik