Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How do I reverse the accessibility programme that I accidently

How do I reverse the accessibility programme that I accidently activated on my S5
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What Accessibility program did you activate on it ? Talk Back ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It talks to me and I have to tap the green box around items 3 times to get it to do anything and then it gets it wrong.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You activated the Talk Back mode of your phone. When it is enabled, you have to tap on item to select it first (make sure the item has green border) and then double tap on it to open that item with green border. To scroll or swipe you have to use two fingers. Scrolling or swiping with one finger will not work. Hit the menu button or open Apps list screen. Then tap and double tap on Settings. Remember, When TalkBack mode is enabled, double tap work as single tap. You have to use two finger to swipe up or scroll down. Scroll down with two fingers, open Accessibility and turn off TalkBack from there. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have on screen is Welcome, Select language ad Accessibility and I am now in categories.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Is this is a new phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and 2 year old spare
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you did a factory reset on this phone. Right ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, once I transferred everything to my new S6 edge +
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Turn off the phone. Remove the battery. Put it back and turn it back on. This will bring Wlecome screen with Accessibility. Tap on Accessbility, double tap on it. Tap on Talk Back and then double tap on the switch to turn it off. If that didn't work, then do a reset again. Follow the steps below to reset it. Turn off the phonePress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time until the Android recovery screen appears.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now. That should reset it again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
How is it going ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That appears to have cured it, money well spent my thanks to you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome !If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.Have a great day,Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions