Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Scam ietter on my Samsung tablet has frozen my tablet gtn8010

scam ietter on my Samsung tablet has frozen my tablet gtn8010 cannot get into settings to reset
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Is your entire tablet locked down ? Is that messages appears the moment you turn it back on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes keep getting the ietter up on screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There are two kind of malwares, one that affect the browser only and other one that affect the entire tablet which is a little hard to remove manually. In your case it is the latter one. The best option to remove that virus is do a factory reset. But that will delete everything from it. Is that OK with you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There is a different method to factory reset without getting to the home screen or settings. Turn off the TabPress and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds (If this is a model without home button, then hold down Volume Up and Power until you see Android recovery menu)Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now That will factory reset the Tablet. Then you can setup it again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
How is it going ? Let me know if you have any difficulty
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We're able to factory reset it. Now just follow the onscreen instructions to setup it.
I will call you back in 10 minutes to see how it is going.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all working thanks very much george
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome George ! If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Best Regards,Ashik