Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Bluetooth issue. Today I connected with my soundbox to play

Bluetooth issue. Today I connected with my soundbox to play some music from youtube. After one song my connection is no longer. My tablet tells me it is paired with my soundbox but nothing happens. Earlier it was telling me they were connected. They are no more than a few feet apart. I also bought a keyboard for my tablet but it will no connect and this is not the first time it happened. It was purchased in December 2013 and I brought it to a Samsung repair centre in Dundrum, Dublin last year. They did a bit of tweaking but the Bluetooth issue has persisted. I was putting it down to bluetooth being a fit finicky at times but now it has become a severe irritation. I just have no confidence in my Bluetooth connection between my tablet and other devices
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you go to Settings, Bluetooth and long press on the Soundbox and unpair it from the tablet.
Then go to settings, Applications Manager.
Swipe to the list ALL and locate Bluetooth, press it and press Clear Data.
Then locate Google Services Framework, press it and press Clear Data.
Then restart the Tablet, Pair the Soundbox and tell me how it now functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bluetooth is now showing when in Application manager
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry typo. Bluetooth is not showing in Application manager list
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its there, you missed the step to SWIPE TO THE LIST ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes have two Bluetooth icons here. Bluetooth Share and Bluetooth Test
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its called Bluetooth, just that.
I have repeated the instructions again below, can you please first carefully read through them and follow the instructions, take your time as they do work, your missing steps that I have listed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a bit of a struggle they are now connected. What do you think the problem might be
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The Bluetooth Stack or system process was corrupted, so we needed to clear this so the unit could recreate it, which it did. It should be ok now.
I marked the question to never close though, so any issues at all, at any time, let me know here.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service now by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.