Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I'm locked out of my Samsung galaxy tab s, my finger print

Hi, I'm locked out of my Samsung galaxy tab s, my finger print lock doesn't work and my backup password ***** doesn't work, what can I do? please help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you press and hold the power on/off button on the tablet for about 15 seconds, then turn it back on, then let me know what happens when you try to unlock your Samsung tablet. Is there any error or message?Is it okay to reset the tablet fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank-you for your answer but unfortunately my tablet is still the same there is no message or anything. I've obviously forgotten my backup password ***** what can I do to make a new one. Thank you
You're welcome. I will continue to help you. Can we reset the tablet fresh to brand-new, so you can set up the tablet again with a new password ***** want? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK does this mean everything on my tablet will be wiped out?
That's correct unless you have backup. This is for security / privacy protection since the password ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK let's go for it.
Thank you. Please try the following steps:Press and hold the Power button, then select the Power Off option and confirm to power off the tablet.press and hold the 3 buttons Volume Up + Home + Power at the same time.Release all buttons when you see the Samsung logo / Android system recovery menu appears.Scroll down to wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button, then press the Power button to confirm.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data using the Volume down button and press the Power button.Wait a bit, then phone will be restored to factory settings.Once finished, scroll to reboot system now, then press the Power button.Do you see the recovery menu when trying the above steps?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've accidently scrolled down to menu mode what do I do please
Use Volume Up button to scroll up, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've actually gone in to it and pressed it accidently
Press and hold power button for about 15 seconds to power off, then start over the process, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done, thank you very much for your help
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.