Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My daughter has an lg g pad 8.3, the battery went dead and

My daughter has an lg g pad 8.3, the battery went dead and when you plug in the charger the lg screen comes on and goes off again and just does this repeatedly and won't switch on. Any ideas on a fix for this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the device and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Pad and tell me if it now starts up correctly. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that and makes no difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you hold the volume UP and power buttons together and tell me if it gets to a menu please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing. Still just lg sign comes up for 1 second then goes black again then lg sign and so on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. We have also removed residue power as the issue I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the LG to have it replaced. Itwill be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I will rate your service now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome and if you need anything else, please let me knowRichard