Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

My son did hard reset on Samsung galaxy s5 neo and now we

Customer Question

Hi my son did hard reset on Samsung galaxy s5 neo and now we can,t get passed google e mail we have got that right but the phone was not set up with g mail it was set up with live.co.uk how can we get passed this regards robert
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
Hi Robert, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am sorry about your issues. Are you able to access the Gmail account on a computer?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes we can get it on computor
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. What email app are you using to add and setup your Gmail on your phone? Is it the pre-installed Mail app for Android?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.First, I suggest that you download and install the Gmail app if the purpose of this email is to just send and receive your emails. This is a better option since the Gmail app is optimized for Gmail accounts, thus settings issues will be eliminated.If you want to stick with the default Mail app for Android, then I can help you with that as well. But just tell me at which step or process were you stuck in the Gmail setup procedures? What error messages are you getting?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we cann,t set up phone with out putting this in it will not let us in at all
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
Hi,I believe you are using this Gmail as the main email to access Google services like the Playstore?Or are you saying that you already have added your Live.co.uk email there and is already working?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no we are just starting to set up the phone so we con not make phone calls at all see texts or anything
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
Please make sure that the phone is connected to the internet when you setup the Gmail account.Also, what exactly is the error message that you are getting? At which step were you stuck?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when we put in g mail account and pass word it said not compactable with phone memory .it says please put in owner details.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we have on screen
verifying your account
google
this device was reset. to continue
sign in with a google account that was
previously synced on this device
enter your email
the google account was not set up on this phone before so we can only the one we have.
the email that was set up was not gmail and will not be used
Expert:  jessmagz replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry, I am out of ideas. I will now opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further. You will be notified when someone joins you here.Thank you.Jess
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.
Hi. The previous expert has opted out. Now I will be assisting you.
On your computer/laptop, install SideSync. Once you are done with the installation, open this app on your computer and take your phone's usb cable and connect your phone to your computer via that cable. Now on your phone, you will see an option to open the app with Web/Chrome etc. Select Chrome and on the link bar type carefullyhttps://goo.gl/7uGVMnand press enter. You will be redirected to Onedrive. Install the app shown there named Bypass Samsung phone.Now click back one time and you will be seeing Galaxy Apps on screen. Press OK and you will be redirected to Galaxy Apps. Click agree and then you will be seeing the option to download Sidesync but you don't need to install it. Just press back and on the search box type ES File explorer and download it. Now you will be asked to enter Samsung account details and this is different from Google account. If you don't have Samsung account and you can create new account in easy steps. Once you are done, install the ES File app and when it completes installing, press open.Now your file storage will be shown in the screen. Go to Download folder and open the BYPASS app to install it. Once done, you will be at settings option. Go to Backup and Reset and click Factory Reset and click delete all and now the phone will factory reset. Now you can turn your phone up without google account. Now you can disconnect usb cable from phone.Reply if you get stuck anywhere.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still trying to get it to work
Have you followed each step?You can also watch this video for ease. CLICK HERE TO WATCH