Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Samsung SM-g355H/DSThis phone has been in storages

Samsung SM-g355H/DS
This phone has been in storages for about 2 months was working fine. Tried putting it on. Comes on but stuck at Samsung screen. I have tried a hard factory reset and appears to have happened but comes on and gets stuck at same screen again. touch screen is not working nor is home or volume key. Does turn off but comes back on without actually turning it on. It is also getting hot. any ideas please.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charlie,You will need to try putting the phone into recovery mode to recover it.See: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-core-recovery-mode-47686/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First method did not work. keeps going back to Samsung screen and then stays there. 2nd method I can not download the file from that link. link is not working. See attached photo. Have you any other ideas please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Charlie.When you did the factory reset, did the phone get to the recovery menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did then pressed the power button to accept then it starts up but hangs at the Samsung screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, are you able to get back to the recovery screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am in it now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you see the option for wipe cache, choose that first and tell me when its run please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just done that almost instantly goes back to reboot screen says at bottom cache wipe complete
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now tell me if the phone starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes has started but again stuck at Samsung screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, is the phone still under warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's older than a year
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we will attempt to flash itTo do thisDownload the firmware for this device at http://SamMobile.com/firmwares Once the download is complete, extract ?(right click it and select Extract) the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop. Download Odin. Odin is a simple utility that is used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Here is a link to one source: http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer. Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked. Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file. Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top. Press the Volume Up button to continue. The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left. The text is very tiny - almost unreadable. So if you can't read it, you are on the right track. Now connect your phone to your computer via USB. In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed. In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text. Press Start in Odin. Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath. When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed". Your phone should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer. If your phone reboots successfully into the rom, you're done.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard and Pete your last suggestion has worked. Thanks again
Charlie
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome CharlieIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist