Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Im trying to synch contact on my wifes new phone. I have

Customer Question

Hi, Im trying to synch contact on my wifes new phone. I have a gmail account set up but when I hit synch no contacts are appearing in the gamil account.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeFirst, whats the make and model of the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one Im synching from is a Galaxy GT S7500
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIf you go to Settings, Accounts & SynchThen look at the Google Account, is your wifes Gmail address the one listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Its there. Also I have the gmail account up on my laptop and it says the are no contacts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go off to work now so I will take this up again later if thats OK.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you mean on the Laptop you go to www.gmail.com, sign into your wifes gmmail account, click on Gmail, then click on contacts and its empty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, exactly.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so what you saying is not that the contacts from her Gmail account are not synching to her phone, as there are none, but when she makes a contact on her phone its not synching to the gmail account correct?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If that is the problem Mark, then when you create a new contact, under Cancel and Save you see where the contact will be stored. You need to press on this and choose Google (and the one with your wifes account) as I believe you have it set to Device, which wont synch
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just entered a contact into her phone and it's only offering me save. Not where. Can't find any options for account/SIM card etched
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Trying to find a picture to show you, but when you create a contact you have the memory location and its this you need to set to Google.Page 78 of the manual explains this http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/media/pdf/userguides_qsg/samsung/galaxy%20ace%20plus/Samsung_Galaxy_Ace_Plus_GT-S7500_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have managed to transfer all the contacts etc using an App but I want to save all the photos and vids from the old phone. Is there an easy ay to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dot worry. managed it via an SD card
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but you want to set it to save to the Google Account for any contacts she now adds. So you need to ensure to set the save location.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used an app to transfer the contacts to the new phone but found that many are missing .What I have found is that none of the existing contacts will appear in the google account no matter how many times you hit synch. New entries added manually appear automatically on the google account but nothing one does synchs the existing ones.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The new entries your setting correctly now, the existing ones you need to add again so you can set them to the google account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So all the old ones need to be re added manually? Theres no method to synch them even though they appear on the new phone? Thats so frustrating :(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you edit the contacts, you see the option where to save?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a photo of what is says when I go to edit. It's says phone only and it's greyed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you need to delete them and add them back again sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thx.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcomeIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you