Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My galaxy tab s 10.5 has stopped recognising my fingerprint

Customer Question

my galaxy tab s 10.5 has stopped recognising my fingerprint and I am unable to remember my alternative password. is there anyway it can be readvised or at least find out what was required i.e upper case, numbers etc
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeThe only way to remove the security if this is not working, is to do a Factory reset of the Tab, it is the only way and the whole reason behind the security.It will remove all your data and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this sorry.To do this Switch off your device.Then press and hold this buttons: Volume Up + Home button + Power button.Now you will see Recovery mode menu.Next choose option "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll and Power buttonto accept your choice.After that select option "Yes -- delete all user data".In the end press Power button to confirm option "reboot system now".Once done, the Tablet will be reset and you can then set it up again like new.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you