Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a galaxy s3, when I take pics and upload to the internet,pics

I have a galaxy s3, when I take pics and upload to the internet,pics I take in porttrait flip round 90 degrees and appear as landscape. How do I rectify?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system? Unfortunately, you do not have any control over how your photos are transferred. If you have editing rights on the internet website, you may be able to rotate them after they are uploaded.
If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. My name is ***** ***** I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I stated in my original question iam using a samsung galaxy s3 smart phone to take my pictures. Your answer doesn't really help, I'm sure there must be a way to resolve this issue as it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there and welcome David, a new expert here.Sorry about the confusion you had before.Can you tell me, how are you viewing the photos on the internet after they are uploaded?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I subscibe to an app called keyholder I upload photos to it.. I, along with everyone else who view them see my portrait pics flippef 90 degrees so they appear as landscape.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, the phone wont rotate when it uploads, so it looks like you are taking them this way. You wont notice as when you view them directly on the phone, it rotates automatically, but in the app it does not.Download the app Photo Editor on the phone, then open the photos and rotate them in the app, then upload.It will then be corrected.When you are taking the photos though, make sure the phone is in the correct orientation (so opposite to how they are being uploaded) to ensure they do not rotate again.Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried this , makes no difference.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
It will then be a bug in the app itself.You will need to email the developer on***@******.*** and have them correct the app for you.Let me know how you go
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your reply I have already spoken to the ap developer, it was him that informed me of the problem as it didnt affect anyone else.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
yet, even when you set the photos correct via the app, they still get switched online.Its pretty strange, but if the developer is adamant about this then the only thing you can now do is to reset the phone in the event the firmware has an issue.This will remove all data and return the phone to new, so backup anything you need to keep first eg: photos ectThen once done, go to Settings, Backup & reset and choose Factory ResetLet this complete, setup the phone again, install the app and tell me please if you still have the issue.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I may have sorted this out now. When I downloaded photo editor it made no difference., then I noticed there were 4 or 5 other apps for photo editor so I tried another and it seems to work. The only thing now is if look at pics in the app it asks me to choose a location, ie gallery etc whereas before they just loaded and came up automatically