Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Richard, I have just changed PC and have already installed

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I have just changed PC and have already installed with success the SmartSwitch but now that I want to try syncing again, I get the message that there is a problem syncing with my outlook folder. I have Windows 10 now and a Galaxy S5.....
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of outlook you have please please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook 2016
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is outlook receiving emails ok?And did you restart the computer since installing SmartSwitch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes my outlook works fine on my computer. I have indeed restarted the computer since the installation. Everything went fine for the installation but now it isn't syncing the new information between the Outlook calendar/contacts and my S5...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and on this PC did it synch ok beofre and just stopped working? Or has not worked since installing on the new PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks for the phonecall. Am interested to see what the initial amoutn gets me :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the first time I am tryign to sync after the first transfer of information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It keeps giving me "tones" as if it recognizes the device and then it just gets stuck on the transfer of outlook files....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the site offering it, you can ignore it,Are all the emails and calendar items on the phone, also in outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, except for the few new ones, which is why I wanted to sync again.... it has been about a week....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the problem is it is going to be expecting the old profile to synch with and now it has this new one on this new computer.When you change you should first remove the accounts from the phone, then synch then use it.Can you remove the email accounts from the phone, then once done, set it up for the computer like you did initially on the old computer.Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not syncing e-mials, only calendar and contacts....e-mail is working just fine, no problem there.....??? am confused....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
So the calendar and contacts are only on the computer and now where else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they are also already on the phone as i was able to synchronize successfullz when i installed smart switch on mz new computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, on the phone go to Settings, Applications and swipe to the list ALLLocate Contacts, press it and press Clear Cache (not Data)Then go to Calendar and press Clear Cache (not Data)Restart the phone, then restart the computer and tell me if it then sycns please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant find where to clear cache on phone....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its per the instructions I gave you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which step do you get lost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I go to settings, then to contacts and when I chose contacts, I get a bunch of options but nothing that says "clear Cache"...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see "clear cache" for the SPlanner calendar either
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your missing steps in my instructions, please review the steps carefully
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so....I go to settings...then to Appications where I find contacts..click on contacts, where I expect to see something called "clear Cache" but I don't find it.....??? What am I missing?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Steps, your still missing steps in the instructions I am giving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I didn't mention is that when I am in Applications I swipe to ALL, which is my default setting. I get ALL when I go to Applications............so I still don't see what I am missing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do YOU mean by ALL?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For me, it means that I can see all of the options under Applications
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you did not indicate you went to applications initial, then All...ALL is the list, you have different lists, downloaded, running, and ALLAll is not default, download is, you need to swipe to the list allThen on that page you see Clear Cache at the bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so I don't know what you mean by SWIPE...I am on applications, in the Settings...what do I have to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Swipe with your finger, swipe along the screen to change lists to ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen only moves up and down, not sideways....is that right? I don't get something that changes???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 - is that a new feature, or something that I don't have?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, they work on your model, you just seem to have an issue understanding and completing the instructions as you keep missing steps I am writing out ect.I am sorry but I am going to opt out of working with you any further. these are only the initial steps and I see the instructions are repeatedly mis-interpreted, and if these simpler instructions do not solve it, the next step are more complex and I am not confident I will have any success getting you to do theseYou do not need to do anything, if another expert takes over your case you will be contacted.Thank you and sorry I could not solve this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, well this isn't working for me either. I would like to request a refund and stop here. I don't want to try with another expert. Please let me know how I can do that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please email***@******.*** and they can do this for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have done that. Anything else I need to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, Goodbye
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok