Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Richard, I have just changed PC and have already installed

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I have just changed PC and have already installed with success the SmartSwitch but now that I want to try syncing again, I get the message that there is a problem syncing with my outlook folder. I have Windows 10 now and a Galaxy S5.....
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of outlook you have please please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Outlook 2016
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Is outlook receiving emails ok?And did you restart the computer since installing SmartSwitch?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, yes my outlook works fine on my computer. I have indeed restarted the computer since the installation. Everything went fine for the installation but now it isn't syncing the new information between the Outlook calendar/contacts and my S5...
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, and on this PC did it synch ok beofre and just stopped working? Or has not worked since installing on the new PC?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thanks for the phonecall. Am interested to see what the initial amoutn gets me :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is the first time I am tryign to sync after the first transfer of information
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It keeps giving me "tones" as if it recognizes the device and then it just gets stuck on the transfer of outlook files....
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, thats the site offering it, you can ignore it,Are all the emails and calendar items on the phone, also in outlook?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, except for the few new ones, which is why I wanted to sync again.... it has been about a week....
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, the problem is it is going to be expecting the old profile to synch with and now it has this new one on this new computer.When you change you should first remove the accounts from the phone, then synch then use it.Can you remove the email accounts from the phone, then once done, set it up for the computer like you did initially on the old computer.Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not syncing e-mials, only calendar and contacts....e-mail is working just fine, no problem there.....??? am confused....
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
So the calendar and contacts are only on the computer and now where else?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no they are also already on the phone as i was able to synchronize successfullz when i installed smart switch on mz new computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, on the phone go to Settings, Applications and swipe to the list ALLLocate Contacts, press it and press Clear Cache (not Data)Then go to Calendar and press Clear Cache (not Data)Restart the phone, then restart the computer and tell me if it then sycns please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i cant find where to clear cache on phone....
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
its per the instructions I gave you
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
which step do you get lost?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I go to settings, then to contacts and when I chose contacts, I get a bunch of options but nothing that says "clear Cache"...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't see "clear cache" for the SPlanner calendar either
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
your missing steps in my instructions, please review the steps carefully
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think so....I go to settings...then to Appications where I find contacts..click on contacts, where I expect to see something called "clear Cache" but I don't find it.....??? What am I missing?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Steps, your still missing steps in the instructions I am giving.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The only thing I didn't mention is that when I am in Applications I swipe to ALL, which is my default setting. I get ALL when I go to Applications............so I still don't see what I am missing?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What do YOU mean by ALL?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
For me, it means that I can see all of the options under Applications
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
yes, you did not indicate you went to applications initial, then All...ALL is the list, you have different lists, downloaded, running, and ALLAll is not default, download is, you need to swipe to the list allThen on that page you see Clear Cache at the bottom
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, so I don't know what you mean by SWIPE...I am on applications, in the Settings...what do I have to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Swipe with your finger, swipe along the screen to change lists to ALL
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The screen only moves up and down, not sideways....is that right? I don't get something that changes???
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 - is that a new feature, or something that I don't have?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
No, they work on your model, you just seem to have an issue understanding and completing the instructions as you keep missing steps I am writing out ect.I am sorry but I am going to opt out of working with you any further. these are only the initial steps and I see the instructions are repeatedly mis-interpreted, and if these simpler instructions do not solve it, the next step are more complex and I am not confident I will have any success getting you to do theseYou do not need to do anything, if another expert takes over your case you will be contacted.Thank you and sorry I could not solve this for you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard, well this isn't working for me either. I would like to request a refund and stop here. I don't want to try with another expert. Please let me know how I can do that.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, please email***@******.*** and they can do this for you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, I have done that. Anything else I need to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, Goodbye
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok