Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I can't download films on my 10" MID Android tablet

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please where you are trying to download films from?And what happens when you try to download them?Please let me knowThank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
From Google Play ,I have some flims i brought last your that i've watched on the plane mode so off line,i recently purchased a music video to watch on the plane it would not open and the message was can't watch off line so i tried to open my older flims and i got the same message. Since we've been back off holiday I've cleared the cache & also reloaded Goole play and now getting the message can't download.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanksCan you tell me please exactly which cache you cleared?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Google Play Movies & TV ,Google Play Services
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ThanksCan you go to the list of applications, then go to the list ALLLocation Google Framework Services in the list.Then choose Clear Data.Then go back and clear Data for Google Play Movies & TV ,Google Play Services Restart the unit and tell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is applications ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
If you do not see applications then for your firmware its applications manager. Its how you cleared the cache before
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've been into Google App,Google Play & Google Play Services & I've cleared cache also in Google Play services it is greyed out on uninstall update and forsce stop. When I switch off & back on again I got a message at the very top saying my phone was over heating I don't use the tablet as a phone
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok,you also need to do google services framework and Google Movies & TV You did not do this. The fact it is overheating is a concern and can be related to this problem...But can you first clear Google Services Framework please as well as Google movies & TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm in settings taken apps & I've cleared cache on Google Play Movies,Play Services,play store & google app I've pressed to download a dvd which its doing so far
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok, let me know if it now plays please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok will do is there any way to stop these pop up addverts that come on ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
No sorry, they force these on and we have no control over these.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its just come up with the message couldn't download on the music dvd ,they will play on line but not download which is what i want them for while i'm on the plane
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, if it is playing but telling you it wont download it means they are stopping this for you, likely due to copyright requests from the artist for this.If its playing its all working, this is a limitation then that Google has set for this content.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok that make sense with the music dvd i'm now trying to download a movie that i brought last year
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the movie has just come with the same message but just before it did a pop up saying system update came up which i delited should have i except it
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes you should have, please restart the device and update it when asked
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK i'm trying another movie its a bit scary i don't know which pop up's are safe
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
If it is within Google Play and it asks you to install an update, please do so
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its just pop up with Fruit Battle & says do i want to install ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
No, that's a game, it is just showing games you can install.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its giving the same message thanks for you time its so frustrating when you've paid for films and now can't down load them to watch off line
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok, now we will have to reset the device.This will remove all data from it and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this, so first backup any data you wish to keep.Then go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset.Complete the process and when done, setup the device and tell me if you can now get the movies please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok i'm in backup & restore there is a blue tick on back up my data and automatic restore do i leave both on?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes you can leave these on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its saying erase everything ok to carry on
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes, as I indicated, this removes all your data from the device and returns it to new, which is why you need to first copy anything off the device first if you wish to keep it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its asking for location consent ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
you can agree to this
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i've signed in and its come up twith google services do i need to do anything here ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
No, just once it is set up try to download a film please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
error retrieving data from server and a long no
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its a virgin media super hub mac008efz0edd8 serial no zha327u242eeb do you need any more info
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ThanksOn the back of it is a reset button, you may need to use a paperclip, and with the router on, please push and hold the reset button for 10 seconds then release.Then wait 5 minutes, and try to download a filmLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There's a reset big button on the front
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, use that please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i've tried that and getting the same message i've gone out and come in play store again now message says system fqad has stopped
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
is it only for one movie or all?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry i'm taking so long i found the play store & the films but I can't find the google play app
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
right found and installing it now
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i've found my movies and it just gives me the option to watch not download so i've clicked to watch its not come on yet just that circle that keeps going round and round
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Do you have another device there you can use to see if you can download the films on it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
only this lap top that i'm talking to you on
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
no android smartphone?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no sorry i've got a blackberry phone i'm a OAP so not too up on tecky stuff
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ThanksIs the Mid connecting via wifi or a cell phone network?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wifi
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ThanksGo to play.google.com/movies on the laptopCan you play the films there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok will do on the tablet it saying the apps 65 % loaded so maybe not ready yet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
this is possible, let it complete then try
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok 97% now I've got a film playing on my lap top ok
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok its downloading now fingers crossed
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
crossed!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its flash phone grets low click to repair
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
sorry I do not know what you are meaning with this last message.Can you clarify it please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
a flashing message phone gets slow click to repair thats turned to a amerzon for tablets click to install
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Did the film though download and play?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
now the same box is flash 360 clean virus and trash
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure now what your referring to. Please remember I do not see what you are seeing, and the last thing we were at was the film was downloading
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes it still is but things keep pop up and i'm not sure if i need to click it or not
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
you can close and ignore it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the same message came at the top your video could not be down loaded
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks It is the memory in the Mid that has faulted, we have ruled everything else out and we know its not your network as the laptop works I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the mid to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist