nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Re Acer Iconia A1-840. Over the past week preloaded apps have

Customer Question

Re Acer Iconia A1-840.
Over the past week preloaded apps have randomly stopped working and now the tab has powered down and I am unable to restart it.
I have tried the reset button which appeared to have no effect. I have tried a factory reset and reboot but that hasn't helped. When it does decide the power up I just get the initial 'Acer - Powered by android' screen then it all blacks out again.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark. Welcome to justanswer.This is a common problem with this unit. The problem is a design flaw with the on off switch. The button you push is not a switch, it pushes a lever shaped button in turn. Apparently it is possible to push too hard and dislodge the contact. And that is why it is turning on by itself whenever it wants.The repair involves removing the back, taking out the mother board to access the switch, positioning the contact properly and reinforcing it so this won't happen again. I would suggest you to take it to a local repair shop if it is not under 1-year warranty.Reply if you want to know anything else. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.