Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

How to clear a malaware from my samsung tablet

how to clear a malaware from my samsung tablet
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When does the malware appear?Are you able to open the Settings app icon on your Samsung tablet?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it appeared 30 minutes ago
No I do not know how to open settings app icon on samsung
Please press and hear the power on / off button on your Samsung tablet for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on. Then does the malware appear right away when you turn on? Or does the malware appear when you open a particular app? Or when you do something specifically?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it appears when it is turned on
So after turning on the samsung tablet, the malware appear automatically without you doing anything right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
What's the model of your Samsung tablet, such as GT-P5113 or SM-T350, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tablet 10.1
Can you please check at the back of your Samsung tablet 10.1 to see if there is any model number, such as GT-P5113 or SM-T350, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
galaxy 2
Thank you. Can you please press and hear the power on / off button on your Samsung tablet for about 20 seconds to power it off, then press at the same time the two keys Volume Up and Power button for about 10 to 15 seconds, then does it show anything different?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just the same back to the cheshire police malaware
Tap the Home icon, does it do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i an going to try once again as nothing happens when i tap the home icon anf then the tablet goes of as i have to swipe to open and when i open its the same malaware so i will try the 20 sec and 15 sec process again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just managed to get to settings but the page came back very quickly
Tap the Home icon, then can you go to Settings again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot get to the home page like that as the icon does not show at that time i get a list of apps plus settings
Do you mean at the bottom left of the tablet's screen, there is no back arrow icon or Home icon, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the tablet is switched on there is a home icon and apps i then have to swipe to open when i open it goes to the malaware page i have only one got to settings when i swiped since then it no longer goes
So it does not let you go to Settings any more right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Turn the tablet off (press and hold power on / off button for about 15 seconds.)Press and hold the Power key.When 'Samsung' appears on the screen, release the Power key. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.'Safe mode' will display in the bottom left corner of the screen. Release the Volume down key when you see 'Safe Mode.'Does it let you go to safe mode? Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok just got safe mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you want me to press it
Yes, please go to safe mode. Since the tablet is infected, can we reset the tablet fresh, like brand new?Does it let you go to Settings when in Safe Mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
do you want me to go into settings
Yes, please go to Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Delete all or something similar and continue. Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just erasing now
Great. It should be done soon. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just restarting let you know in a few seconds
OK, go through the setup when prompted, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok it wants me to sign in to google as i gave an account, i have to look that up and will take time do wait?
Yes, I'll wait for you. If needed, you can reset your google / gmail account password ***** the website below:https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found it and its contacting google ---- now it seems to be ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but error message on all downloads
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
error 923
Press and hold Power on / off button, then select Restart option and confirm, then check. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to download messenger from store ------it seems to be installing but quite slow ----- installed but its asking me to update samsung and registering now downloads seems ok
Great. That's it. Since the tablet was reset, it just takes time to do download and update. Be careful when downloading / installing anything from the internet / play store that you do not know or that you are not expecting as you can download malware / viruses. Do you need anything else for now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think i will have any more problems? i have an account with norton but not for android maybe best to pay ane get android cover as well as i an usually so carefull cant believe this got pass me... thank you so very much
You're welcome. That's it; the tablet is brand-new, fresh as we reset it. Just be careful downloading/ installing anything.If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.
Experience: Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your patience i will certainly rate your service --- highest lol --- but am very grateful
You're welcome. Also, there is a free security app called Lookout which you can install in Play Store. Don't purchase an extra features; just use the free feature of the Lookout security app. Thank you.