Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have Ramsomwear on my Samsung galaxy note. can you help?

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Is your entire note locked with that ransomware or just the internet app ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As far as I can see the entire tablet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As soon as I try to login, it appears.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
That is a malware and it usually affect the android system files. Once it is infected, it is hard to remove it. You may need to factory reset the Tab. But you can boot into Safe Mode and backup your important files. To boot into Safe Mode, turn off the tab. Press and hold down Volume down and Power button at the same time and when it turns on, release the Power button but keep holding down Volume Down and this will boot into safe mode. Once it is in Safe Mode, you will be able to connect it to your computer and backup all your important files.Also go to Settings > Accounts and sync to your Google account. Then lets remove it manually. Go to Settings, then click on Security and select Device administrators. Uncheck all weird apps in there (like Like flash player, BaDoink, AnnallLockscreen, Screen saver etc). If you see an option to remove it there, then do it. Ignore if you don't see remove option. Go to Settings > Application Manager or Applications. You will see several tabs there like Downloaded, Installed etc. Select Downloaded and do you see any unusual apps there ? Like flash player, BaDoink, AnnallLockscreen etc. If so remove them. Remove all of them. Also check All tab. Remove them if you find any weird apps. Then go to Play Store and download Avast ransomware removal tool or Malwarebytes AntiMalware. Install and run it. Does it find anything ? If so, delete then. Then restart. If you are still seeing the virus, then we have to reset it as the virus disguise as a system app and it is hard to identify it. Boot into Safe Mode again. Then go to Settings > Backup & Reset and do the factory reset from there. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I will not be able to connect to your tablet and fix it since it is completely locked. Please do the steps above and let me know the results
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've tried that, but as soon as I go into settings, it goes back to the screen with the malware
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
That means it is completely affected. We need to factory reset it. Do you have any important stuffs on the drive ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No nothing that I don't already have on my laptop.#
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
I will call you and help you to reset it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
I'm unable to reach the number you gave. Do you have another number I can call ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't I'm afraid. There seems to be a block. I've removed all blocks. I am rebooting my mobile. could you try again please
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
It is not connecting. Just dropping call its own. So I will send you instructions in here
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
connected
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Issue resolved via phone call. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Best Regards,Ashik