Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Bluetooth phone will only synch audio files to car and not

Customer Question

Bluetooth phone will only synch audio files to car and not the phone profile
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone

The Car system you have

and what exactly do you mean with Phone Profile please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is the full details:I have a 2016 Mazda 2.My phone was paired to the bluetooth handfree but lost connection but now won't reconnect the phone profile, however music can be played via bluetoothI have removed the device, added it again but to no avail. I have tried another phone and this is ok. I have also done a factory reset on the car entertainment/nav systemMy current phone is a Oneplus running cyanogen OS V13.0Attached is the screen display from the car
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, but what is the make and model of the phone?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The phone is a Oneplus one, device model A0001
Android version 6.0.1
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, can you go to Settings, Applications or Applications Manager

Swipe to the list ALL and locate Bluetooth

Press it and press Clear Data

Once done, restart the phone and tell me if it connects correctly please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have settings > Apps and within that there is 'bluetooth extensions' and bluetooth MIDI service'am i in the right place? I cannot see an option for 'clear date'.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

It is Clear Data, not Clear Date, clear Data on all items listed as bluetooth please.

Its not a standard phone so the firmware is a little different then most

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry, i made a typo. i meant to say there is no 'clear data' option. i can 'force stop'
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Do you see Storage?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have found storage and there is a 'clear data' and 'clear cache' button.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Use Clear Data please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
done
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

restart the phone and tell me if it connects correctly please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, will pop down to car....back in a few minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unfortuatelty that did not work, same problem.My phone does successfully work on another vehicle
My colleague has the exact same phone, except he is running Cyanogen V12.1 and his phone did succesfully work with my carIs there anything else you can suggest?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

yes, we need to reset the phone.

This will remove all data and return the phone to new, so backup any data you wish to keep first.

Then go to Settings, Backup and Reset and reset the phone.

Once done, set up the phone again like when you first received it and tell me if you can now connect please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did a factory reset on my phone a couple of days ago. I have had this issue since the weekenddo you really think it needs to be done again?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

So you have reset both the car system and the phone?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did a factory reset on the car first, then reluctantly did the phone a couple of days later
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Can you remove the power to the car system, disconnect the battery if needed, then wait 30 minutes, connect power and then try to connect please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, will try that later and come back to you. Thanks for your help thus far
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just tried something else. My colleague updated his phone to the same version of Cyanogen that I am using, V13.0His phone now has the same problem as I am experiencing.It appears to be a Cyanogen V13.0 issue with Mazda as the phone does work properly on other vehicles, i.e. my colleagues Nissanno idea what to do now
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, then install 12 on it if you upgraded from this

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not sure it's straightforward to roll back a version
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You would need to download another cm12.1 based Rom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i think this is beyond me.....i guess i'll have to wait for next update and hope that resolves the issue
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, I also checked for a stock rom but I could not find one for this phone as its not too common, rather then risk it I would advise to wait for the next update.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found this page, but no idea if I'm looking in the right place
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

which page is that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon&type=nightlyI have also commented on a thread on the Cyanogen website
https://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/124878-cyanogen-oneplus-one-12-to-13-update-breaks-bluetooth-audio-car/?_fromLogin=1#replyForm
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, you will need to get there version 12 for your phone