Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a new galaxy j5 phone, and I have forgotten my

Customer Question

i have a new galaxy j5 phone, and I have forgotten my password ***** open it. all I get when I try to use ,is enter password, can you please help me.
regards,
henry.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Henry and welcome

You will have to reset the phone, this will remove all the data from the phone and return it to new. This you cannot avoid sorry as it is the whole reason for the security.

To do the reset

1. First, turn off the phone by using the Power key.
  2. Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Home button to confirm.
  4. Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.
  5. After that select option "reboot system now".

Once done, you can then set up the phone again like when you first received it to be used.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.