Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

I think I have a soft ware prob on my s7 edge. I have tried

Customer Question

I think I have a soft ware prob on my s7 edge. I have tried holding down volume down button with power button but makes no difference. I was advised to download samsung smart switch for my PC and then back it up then restore to factory settings but I cant physically unlock the phone so it will not connect. Is there anything else i can try?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jon. Welcome to justanswer.

Turn off the phone. And Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.

After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s recovery boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option

Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.

Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to restart the device.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone will not switch off nor can i read any menus. The screen display is like what you get when the screen has been smashed although the phone has not been dropped. I took it into carphone warehouse earlier today and he connected it to their computer and got it working for me again and advised me to back it up then restore to factory settings but whilst I was still out it crashed again. This is why I am sure it is a software failure as it was working again earlier this afternoon

Connect your phone to the charger for about 15 minutes, and then while it is still plugged in, press the power and volume down for about 15 seconds and see if anything happens or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it plugged in to the PC for about the last 45 mins would that be any different to charging it from the normal samsung plug? If not then I have already tried this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am still no further to fixing the phone that when we started. Is there anything else you can suggest?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge my card £22 as I have not been happy with the service received I had already tried what you have suggested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i end the chat and submit your rating? It wont let me give you a score

Sorry for the delay, I was out.

Pressing the volume down and power button didn't do anything?

If the phone is still not doing anything then do the reset which I told you to do initially holding down the Volume up,power and home key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is just flickering rebooting the phone is not working

Can you turn the phone off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you hold down the power key the screen eventually turns black hinting that the phone is switched off but then the phone just starts flickering black and green again

Hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still wont reboot

Is it under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take it back. Please refund my card the £22 as you have not told me anything different to what I can easily find on google. These rebooting facilities by holding down buttons is the first thing that comes on google when you do a search for faults on s7 edge so do not expect to pay £22 for you telling me that

I will forward your request for refund.