Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Just received a new samsung j 3. Everything in French need

Just received a new samsung j 3. Everything in French need it in English. Please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon, which model of Samsung is it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
U2 2016
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Samsung galaxy J3 2016
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem, on the home screen pull down from the top and a small menu should appear.

At the top right there should be a cog icon, press that and it should take you to the settings menu.

Please let me know once your at the setting screen.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Phone not responding. Still hear French lady
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Pesss the bottom right arrow key 3 times, then place your finger on the status bar at the top and pull in a downward motion to the middle of the screen, this should display the shortcut menu.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still no responce
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hold in the power button on the side of the phone for 3 seconds and select the option at the top (power off), the phone should then shutdown. After 30 seconds press the power button again to turn the phone back on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Power off is in French but wont switch off
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like its locked up, hold down the down volume key on the left hand side of the phone and power button on the right hand side for 20 seconds.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok done that
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Has the phone restarted, or at least are you able to access the shortcut menu by pulling down the status bar at the top?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But still the same. Not reacting and still French voice speaking
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok looks like we need to do a hard-reset

1.Power the phone off.

2. Hold down the following three buttons (Volume UP, Power, Home)

3. Release the buttons after the Android logo appears

4. Use the down key to select 'Wipe Data\Factory reset' (fifth option from the top)

5. Then press the power button

6. Select the option to confirm reset, which is the option with the most text.

7. Press the power button

The phone should then restart and take you through the settings as if it was brand new and let you chose your language.

You may wish to watch the video here which shows you the steps required.

Please let me know how you get on, and if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't let me shut down
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shut down now
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Starting to make some progress, appreciate this is all rather frustrating for a new phone.

Have you been able to access the menu to select a factory reset?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still not responding . Still nothing on screen. What or how do I get replacement if not repairable. Have spent so much on this phone
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Just to confirm what stage did you get to, did you get to where it showed you the menu to reset to factory settings?

Can you advise who you ordered the phone through

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Screen not responding . Nothing on screen except French. No menu no nothing. Does not scroll. Bought from 02 over the phone on Tuesday. It came today. Have spoken to them and it was them that said to phone you. Costing a fortune on my house phone
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will have to come off Internet as this now costing me a fortune
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

This needs to be returned to O2, I am going to opt out.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release, will it then shut down?

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
New mobile to be sent to me from 02.