Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Model SM-T310. problem with charging, appears socket must be

Model SM-T310. problem with charging, appears socket must be bent? Cannot put charger plug in? Help
Mrs Jan Arnold
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To check, if you wiggle the plud around in the phone a little, can you get it to charge at a certain angle?

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Jan,

Is it the socket (inside the phone) or the plug (which goes into the phone) which is bent?

Should the socket be damaged, unfortunately this will most likely need to go in for repair to your local service centre, and will most likely need a new socket board (the process can be seen here). however if its the charger at fault I would buy a replacement.

Any generic mobile phone charger will work, I would suggest the one here

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is the charger socket on my tablet that seems to have possibly pushed inside the tablet slightly making connection with the charger plug very difficult?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it will charge a little, the plug is very lose and falls out of the socket very easily, we have to prop the tablet with the plug. Very Heath Robinson-ish!
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

From what you have described I would take it into a mobile service centre, since if has just been pushed in, it may simply require securing it back in place (which is a 5 minute job), however if left it will likely damage the socket and stop working all together.

You will also most likely need a new charger if the plug is lose, as suggested above you can pick these up for a few pounds on Amazon, or from any convenience store, just make sure you get one rated for 2A or more.

If you would like me to recommend a service centre, to have the phone socket repaired, please send me your postcode.

James

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there Jan,

Sorry about the interruption

First, lets confirm the issue, have you tried a different charger for the Tablet? If so, can you do this and let me now the results.Also, you want to avoid the cheaper chargers, and with Samsung Tablets go for a proper Samsung charger, there is a lot of literature online about why this is so.

But let me know after you do the test please

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am off to the local repair shop then, it is the tablet socket that is the problem not the charger. Thankyou
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

your welcome