JamesI
JamesI, Mobile device engineer
Experience:  I have provided support for a range of Android devices including Tablets, TV and Phones.
75967336

I have 2 problems. 1. My samsung Note 10.1 does not start

I have 2 problems.
1. My samsung Note 10.1 does not start up. It stops at Samsung logo,
1. My Samsung S3 does not charge
Please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon, my names i James and I will assist you with your two queries today.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do not have a phone number on either of my device
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Firstly the Samsung note, this sounds like a significant software issue on the device.

The only solution is to perform a factory reset, which will erase all the files and settings stored on the tablet.

1. With the tablet off, press and hold the volume up and the power button,
  2. When you see System Recovery menu release the Volume Up button.
  3. Use Volume Down button to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  4. Press the Power button to confirm the selection.
  5. Use the Volume Down button again to select "Yes -- delete all user data"
  6. Press the Power button again to confirm selection
  7. After a while the tablet will reboot, and start flashing (wiping the data and resetting the tablet to its original settings).
  8. Once complete the tablet will ask you to set it up, including choosing a language etc.

Please note if the process above has failed, then unfortunately the fault is not economical to repair as it would suggest the ROM chip on the tablet has failed.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

With regard to the S3 if its not charging via the USB port, can you confirm if you have tried using other USB chargers to check if its the phone or the charger at fault?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Note 10 - I have tried the above procedure outlined on the internet. But the device does not go any further than the Samsung Logo.For S3 - it is not the charger fault as the same charger also charges S4 properly. So the fault is in the phone only.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately your note 10 has a corrupted ROM chip, if the unit is still under warranty you can take it back to the store your purchased it from, however if its not, the cost of repair would be almost the same as that of a new tablet.

Thank you for clarifiyng regarding the S3 phone charger, the most likely cause will be hardware related, the USB sockets are a stress point and often fail, these can be replaced\repaired, by any local phone repair store. If you provide me your post code I can recomend someone in your area, the part is generally around £15 to replace.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My postcode: HA3 6HL
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** me a few minutes to look up a list of approved engineers in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Based on your location I would recommend you use Fone Corner which is located at 59 High St, Harrow, HA3 5DQ (1 mile from your postcode). The cost including labour is £25, and they are open until 6PM this evening, and open again at 11am Monday.

You can contact them directly on(###) ###-####8100.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks James I will go to them on next week.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bye
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James