Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have an Samsung Galaxy A3 - bought in June of this year.

I have an Samsung Galaxy A3 - bought in June of this year. After charging all night, I used my phone first thing this morning and it was fine - however, when I returned to it, the phone had switched itself off and has been dead ever since. Following some EE trouble-shooting advice I have held down the volume button and the power button down together to 'reboot' it - now all that happens is that when I switch the phone on the battery symbol is shown and it shows battery is 91% full. Can you help please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is not clear which volume button you held so if you have done this already, just let me know please

But can you hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then hold Volume Up and power for 6 seconds and release

Tell me please what then happens.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Done
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had already tried both up and down volume buttons earlier
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Can you connect it to your computer please and tell me if your computer then detects it

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I need to securely connect?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am at work and may need to leave my desk at any minute!
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

If you wish to make use of the offer, you can and I can then take over else we can continue here

This is up to you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can we try and continue here - my computer has recognised my phone
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, now open the file manager and access the files on it, do you get an error message at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am at work and it is saying that the software hasn't installed properly - I don't think this is going to work!
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

its ok, I just need you please to access the files on it via the windows file manager, no software is needed to be installed

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't even see anything called File Manager!
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

its the windows explorer, press the windows key + E and it will then open

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The Windows key?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

yes, the key with the windows logo on it, to the left of Alt

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can't do it due to restrictions on the computer system - sorry. I have to go - been called away from my desk urgently
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, you will need to do this on a computer you have actual access to

I will mark this question to remain open so when you can continue, let me know

and please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

thank you

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi. Why have I been charged when you did not resolve my problem? Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK but I don't think you even did that, to be honest - you didn't go through any possible causes or resolutions.I trust there will be no more money taken out of my account. I will no longer require your help. Thanks.