Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy and I have forgotten the Log in on

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy and I have forgotten the Log in on the 9 dot screen How can I recover this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the model of the phone please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
all i have is no on back CVE0168
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

this is the Tab 3. The only way to remove the lock is to reset the Tablet Ian. This will remove all your data from it and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole reason for the lock.

To do the reset, please do the following

• Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.
  • Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm.
  • Scroll down to Yes, Delete All User Data and hit Power to confirm.
  • Back on the first screen, scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and select with power button.
  • Hit Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3 with factory settings restored.

Once done you can then set it up again and use it

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I know on/off switch and volume up ( top of switch ) but not the home button where is it ?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

that is the main one on the front at the bottom, the physical button

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Have tried 4 times on/off top of vol & center bottom front Galexy shows up for a time & repeats and then Blank screen
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

please follow this video as it will show you the steps and may be easier to follow

remember it needs to start by being off (completely)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abnk8btYnwo