Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

Bit weird this one! Yesterday evening at the same time both

Customer Question

Hi. Bit weird this one! Yesterday evening at the same time both our Samsung galaxy tabs stopped connecting to our broadband. Phones still connected fine! Any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rachel,

So your phones and other WIFI devices are working but the tablets wont connect?

What happens when you go into WIFI settings on the tablet, forget the connection, turn the WIFI off, then back on, and reconnect tot he WIFI?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried all this. I have spoken to vodafone(our provider) and they say there is nothing wrong their end...they did say I could change the router channel but cant get on the app to do this. I have checked for software updates on the tablets and reset mine to factory settings. It sometimes says that it is connected but then when you try to google something its says their is a network error
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok, when you go into the WIFI settings when its connected does it show an IP address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One tablet wont connect at all bit when the does connect i think I have seen an ip address. They both work fine at our neighbours house!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It says ip settings and that is currently DHCP you can change this to static which then shows up address, gateway etc
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok, this does sound likely the router is rejecting the devices.

Appreciate you have rebooted the router, have you tried resetting the router?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yep tried that too ��
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

How many devices do you have connected to the Wifi (less than 5, less than 10, more than 20)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have 4. I have just got the tabs working through internet sharing from my phone
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

This rules out the tablets and points towards a WIFI issue, I would be inclined to ask Vodafone to send you a replacement router which should be free of charge.