Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I need a puk code for my mobile, I have locked myself out.

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there David and welcome

Can you tell me please who your Sim provider is?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Richard, sim provider is sky
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Richard, I have paid the £1
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, a PUK code is the secondary lock for your SIM card, your first one is your normal Pin and when you get it wrong three times, you have to put in the PUK code.

This is only ever provided by your proivder. The PUK code has nothing to do with the phone, if you put the sim into another phone you will also get the same issue.

Call them again but tell them you need the PUK code

Tel;l me what they say please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have contacted sky 2 times no luck, they keep fobing me off
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok... I am not trying to Fob you off here David, but only your provider has the PUK code.

You sure Sky is the provider? Not EE or another company?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have used pac codes before, and I am familiar with the procedure. Paypal have taken the £18 can you help please.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Did you see my last message David?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Richard, the sim is a sky sim.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Then only Sky will have it, there is no other company or way to get it, it is only provided by your provider.

I know you do not want to hear this from me, but this is the case David, call them back and escalated it to second level support, any proper tech will know how to get the PUK from the provider they work at.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been trying Richard. I a still trying. I dont mean to be rude but you havent been able to help with anything that I haven`t been doing.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

If you read carefully into my message you will see I am telling you the only thing you can do...

I know you keep replying I am not helping ect.... but I do not think thats a fair thing to say in my opinon...

You came to me asking a question on how to get the PUK code and I keep repeating to you how, regardless of how useless you think I am being, what I am telling you is correct David.

That is the whole point of the PUK code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I realise that Richard, but I came to this site as I was getting no where fast with my provider. I was under the impression that there was another way to get the phone unlocked, which is why I paid the asking price, I know its your time, but I had thought that you may have had another answer.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I can tell you David, there is no other way, never has been, else the provider would have been compromised and that is something you would hear about in the news. If there was I would have told you it from the start mate. It is much perferable then having you get upset with me like this because the answer you want does not exist. It is not about paying to get another way. it is about the fact you paid to get an answer, and even though it is not the answer you want, which I understand, it is the answer, only the provider stores the PUK codes.