Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Samsung galaxy note 10.1 doe not work at all, it has

hi my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 doe not work at all, it has Samsung galaxy note 10.1 on the screen but nothing else
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: samsung galaxy note 10.1, its 3 years old
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it stopped working, and has note worked since, iv'e tried holding down the on/off + volume, but it still wont work
Assistant: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the battery sign comes on, when I unplug it, it stayes on for hours, but only with samsung on the screen
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
done as you requested, the Samsung galaxy sign just comes on and off at 5 second intervals, I put the charger back on, but the Samsung sign is on, and stay's on.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Ok, can you power it off please

Then hold volume up and power until you get to a menu.

Tell me if you can get to this menu please.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Ok... I saw you gave me a negative rating indicating I was rude and incorrect....

Not sure why you choose to respond to me in such a hard manner... but I would prefer it if you could do the last instructions I gave you?

Can you do this instead of bad ratings please? As we are not even finished yet.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
volume up, same Samsung sign, at 5 second intervals,
press down volume message comes up :-
WARNING a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications, if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key, otherwise press the volume down key to cancel
volume up continue
volume down cancel restart phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Volume Down is for something else

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the note to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.