Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I need to download my photos /vedios/what's app photos

Customer Question

I need to download my photos /vedios/what's app photos (gallery) samsung phone to my computer. And cloud with security. Any advice and instruction will be appreciated . For dummies style please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. What is the make and model of your smartphone?

Is your computer a pc or a mac? What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Phone Samsung galaxy A3.
Computer pc isus

In order for your computer to recognize your Android device, you need to activate USB Debugging. This is an undocumented feature that needs to be enabled on your Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone. I can show you how to do this.

Your Android smartphone must be set for USB DEBUGGING. To do that you must first enable Developer Options. Here are the procedures:

TO ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS

Go to Settings > About Device and scroll all the way down to Build Number. (This is an undocumented procedure.) Tap on Build Number slowly seven (7) times. Y(our device will respond telling you that you are several taps away from Developer Options.) When you get to Developer Options back out of Settings menus. Now you will see Developer Options on the Settings menu.

TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING

Go to Settings > Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging. Tap OK and you are done.

Now your device should be recognized by File Explorer and any apps on your pc. If you have any problems during or after executing these procedures, please let me know.